Wednesday 10 June 2009

In my defence......

Somehow I feel the need to explain myself. Whenever the subject of race t-shirts comes up, runners get very defensive. I have no problem at all with keeping t-shirts from significant races. They are a tangible reminder of a target/ambition achieved. Heck, I was even wearing my NYC Marathon t-shirt from 2002 the other day (in fact my finishers medal is hanging up in the bedroom!) But I do have a problem with hanging onto a t-shirt that's way past even having value as a cleaning rag!

Since The Runner runs at lunchtime during the week, his smelly wet kit is stuffed into a plastic bag (don't get me started on his obsession with keeping 'good' plastic bags!) for at least 7 or 8 hours before he comes homes and puts it in the laundry bin. This contributes greatly to the deterioration of cotton fabric. And since I refuse to wash his running kit with normal laundry, his 1 t-shirt, 1 pair of shorts/pants/socks and towel used each day might not get washed for a couple of days. Hence the need for a large amount of running kit. Again, I don't have a problem with that.

But he never throws anything out. Holes in your socks? Buy a new pair. Shorts got a rip in the seams? Buy new ones. BUT THROW THE OLD ONES OUT!!!! The only reason he agreed to throw out them out on Monday was that his 18 (EIGHTEEN) drawers wouldn't close!

Cruel? I don't think so. Waiting until next Thursday and telling him I've got alternative plans for the weekend would be cruel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You re super - I was only joking about your cruelty .. The fact that WHW Runner has 18 drawers is testamount to your loveliness.. :-)

Cheers KH