Sunday 14 June 2009

Competition

On Friday night we watched the classic movie that is Closing Distance. It's been over a year since we've looked at it. How things have changed in such a short time! Best bit was seeing a 7yo No3 son.

We noticed that The Runner kept using the word "tough" to describe each stage. So here's a competition to help fill the hours you're not running this week. How many times does The Runner say the word "tough" throughout the film? Just him, no one else.

Leave your guess in the comments and I'll announce the winner after the race next week. I'll think of a suitable prize and present it at the BBQ if the winner is there or I'll get it to you somehow.

10 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

My guess be 32 times

Debs M-C said...

Ssshhh. You've just reminded Marco about that DVD. I think we watched it to death last year. Everytime we had someone round to the house: "Oh do you want to watch a great DVD?"... %-)

I must admit Alan Kay's little squeaker makes me laugh everytime though. It's the best bit. Closely followed by Dario fighting with the two guys at the leisure centre.

My guess is 14.

Debs xx

phil said...

My favourite bit is when Dario gets asked about his neck which is in a hard collar after an op. He looks as uncomortable as you can look without falling over what with the neck, the midgies and the sleep deprivation and instead of saying all that just comes out with "och, not bad". I love it, its so understated.

Anonymous said...

My guess is 25!
Looking foward to seeing you at the weekend and hopefully the next Saturday at yours - it would be plus dog and tent, is that okay?
Caroline
x

allybea said...

My favourite bit is when they ask No3 son if he'd like to do it when he's older. "No, it's too long and I'd get bitten by the midges."

And we laugh at Alan's perfect timing every time!

allybea said...

Caroline,

We'd love it for you and Harvey to pitch your tent!

ianbeattie1 said...

Just reading the comments about everyone's favourite bits. Mine is when I finish :)

John Kynaston said...

Enjoyed watching the dvd this morning.

My guess is 14
(13 'tough' and 1 'toughness')

Almost as many times I said 'amazing' in one of my videos recently!!

See you very soon

John

Thomas said...

Best bits are at Kinlochleven. For example when Alan Kay explains "it's gonna hurt" three times.
And when Ian shakes his head and asks "Why do we do this?"

My guess is 15 times "tough"

Marco Consani said...

I just watched it ... again and counted 10 times. Mmmm, maybe I didn't hear all of them as I munched through a large family size pack of crisps.

See you tonight.

Marco