Thursday 8 May 2008

Troon 10k

Well, it was a close thing but last night I made it to Troon after a horrendous 2 and a half hour car journey just as the race started. Sadly I didn't see The Runner at the start but he must have been in the pack near the front. As usual it was a good turnout from runners and spectators, helped by the glorious weather. We lived in Troon from 1990 to 2003. In all the years in being involved with Troon Tortoises and the 10k, I can only remember one bad weather day on race day.
----------
It was great to be back on our old stomping ground. I couldn't walk a few metres without someone recognising me. I met loads of Tortoises (who haven't changed a bit), old colleagues, people from our old church and of course our dear friends Beardie, Hippy Chick, Cool Chick and The Railwayman.
----------
The Runner wasn't very happy with his run. I think it was just too hot and he's not training at speed anymore but what do I know?! And I was amused to see him running in a pair of Skins that he had just purchased yesterday!
----------
Just a few metres to go


The Pastor and The Runner at the end

Our lovely evening was rounded off with a fish supper on the sands at Barassie. Sadly we couldn't see Arran as it was too hazy but the sky was pink(ish) as the sun set. We drove home with the roof down which meant we got lots of funny looks but it was amazing.

No comments: