Sunday 1 June 2008

Tagging

I've taken my tongue firmly out of my cheek and am giving you 2 posts in one day!

I read a lot of blogs including non-running ones and often see people getting tagged. Tagging is a blogging game. Since all you WHW runners are at a loose end for the next 3 weeks I thought I'd start one.

Tagging is easy. Just copy the following onto your post.


  • The rules of the game are posted at the start of your blog post.
  • In this case, I'm asking you 5 questions about running.
  • Each player answers the 5 questions on their own blog.
  • At the end of your post you tag 5 other people and post their names.
  • Go to their blogs and leave a comment on their blogs telling them they've been tagged and to look at your blog for details.
  • When they've answered the questions on their own blog, they come back to yours to tell you.

Got that? Here goes.

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

Same as it is now - sporadic and at times non-exsistant. I didn't have a back problem and was 2 stone lighter than I am now! I managed to do a few 10ks and am grateful to Beardie who used to drag me round Troon on club nights.

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

The best run I ever did was 2 weeks after the NYC marathon. I did a wee 4 mile loop round Troon on a cold frosty morning and took 10 mins off my previous best time. For some strange reason I stopped running after that.

My worst race was the NYC marathon. I won't bore you with details but it was awful!

3. Why do you run?

Usually to get fit, lose weight or when The Runner says "Wouldn't it be great if you......."

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?

Worst piece of advice was given to me by The Runner after I stepped into a pothole and had a bit of a sore calf. He advised me to keep running on it even if it was painful. I kept running even though it was agony and the tiny bruise that had appeared kept getting bigger and bigger. When I eventually went to see a physio I discovered I had torn my calf muscle and couldn't run for 6 weeks. This is part of the reason my NYC marathon was horrendous.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.

I have a small rose tatoo on my right shoulder. At first glance it looks quite innocent but if you are familiar with Georgia O'Keefe's flower paintings you may see something different ;-)

Okay, now it's your turn. I tag

The Runner
The Pastor
Pacepusher
Mrs Pacepusher
Running Fool
Subversive Runner

5 comments:

John Kynaston said...

Hi allybea

I have replied to your questions and tagged another 5!

I don;t normally do these but this one is fun!

Thanks too for the advice. My mum taught me how to knit so maybe I should try again!!

John

Subversive Runner said...

Hi Allybea,

Done tagging. In your role as Agony Aunt could you sort my chaotic life out??

Brian Mc said...

I didn't even know you ran! Ha ha! And you have a tattoo! I have some too. Not quite as er tasteful as yours most likely. :-)

I agree, tagging is a good way of learning a little bit more about each other.

allybea said...

Go for it John. Knitting is cool(and good for you!)

Dave, how shall I put this? I don't think even Jeremy Kyle could sort your life out.

Brian, I would never call myself a runner. And I think my tattoo is extremely tasteful I'll have you know ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I finally gave in and responded to your tag.

Hope you and the runner are well. See you both soon!

Cheers!