Monday 30 June 2008

Post BBQ

I am absolutely exhausted. The last couple of weeks have really worn me down but in a bizarre twisted way I've actually enjoyed them. Whilst the outcome of our race day wasn't quite what we expected there have been many positives.

Just reading the comments on our blogs and emails has made us realise we have lots of good friends. The BBQ on Saturday reinforced it as well. Luckily I didn't have to listen to all the boring, sorry fascinating blow by blow accounts of everyone's race as I was a bit busy with some burgers. (I don't want to see another burger all summer!)

But now it's time to draw a line under this year's race and think ahead. I'm not going to pre-empt The Runner's plans but he is planning to take part in another Ultra event fairly soon. Hopefully that will get rid of his pent up frustration. Have I mentioned he's been a nightmare to live with these last 7 days? I think I've been a very good wifey and held my tongue on more than a few occasions. The pity party is officially over! Get your running shoes on and hit the road, dear!

I've added a few more blogs to my links. It's good to see The Fool's Wife and My Other German Friend writing about their support experiences. Have a look if you haven't already seen them.

Next date for your diary is the Crieff 10k on the Sun 13th July. A lovely multi terrain course, with a wee incline that wouldn't be too bad for aching legs. Check out the details on the Strathearn Harriers link at the side. Did I mention that I'm the Race Organiser? Yikes! I hope I live up to the responsibility.

1 comment:

Debs M-C said...

A wee incline? Pah! It's a stoater! Absolutely gorgeous when you get passed that bit though. Is it St Mary's Walk (or something) you run along? Beautiful course. I'm going to be in London that weekend, otherwise I could be tempted. Honest ;-)

I took along one of my pals from the office and he crossed the finishing line shouting: "I'm going to f-ing kill you Martin!". I don't think he liked the hills.