Tuesday 8 September 2009

Please excuse Allybea from running today......

because it was too wet. Now before you all think 'What a feeble excuse' I'd like to point out that it wasn't just ordinary rain. It was really really heavy rain. In fact it was so heavy the river burst its banks and the main road between Greenloaning and Braco was closed to all traffic. Of course there were a few numpties who tried to get through and ended up stranded. This included a guy in a big Merc who wouldn't get out of his car because he wearing expensive shoes! Methinks the damage to his car was a bit more expensive! Eejit!

Anyway, back to the no running today. I know that it's never too wet/cold/hot/whatever to run if you have the right gear. Unfortunately I don't have the right running gear. I own 1 pair of shoes, 1 pair of socks, 1 sports bra, 1 pair of trousers and 1 decent top. I think I need to go shopping for some new clothes, don't you?

4 comments:

Keith Hughes said...

Sounds like you need a blouse :-)

Debs M-C said...

Don't listen to poem boy, it's always a good time to go shopping.

Could the ejit in the Merc not take his shoes off? Call me old-fashioned...

xx

Lee Maclean said...

No,but yes,but.
Shopping, maybe.
The way to get good kit is to volunteer for good races. Never mind all that support nonsence. Volunteer and get free stuff.
Not at any Strathaven races mind. We're skint lol.

Mrs Mac x

We gonna see you Saturday?

Davie Bell said...

You could have climbed up and down the ladders for 30 mins good exercise!and check if I left my trowel on your roof :-)borrow some of Ians gear.

Davie