Sunday 11 October 2009

It wasn't a fluke!

I'm feeling very pleased with myself as I ran 3 miles this morning without any walking again! I thought perhaps that last week's race was a fluke and I'd raised my game to achieve my target. But I managed it again despite having not run since last Sunday and having 2 glasses of wine and a wee whisky last night! Ok, it was just as slow as last week but it's really given me a boost that I can improve on this running malarky.

The next distance target is a 10k so maybe I should be looking at a beginner's 10k programme as the complete beginner's one doesn't cover going from running from 14 mins to 40 mins in one fell swoop. Ian helpfully suggested that I need to learn to run faster so I just need to figure out a plan. The non running week was entirely due to not having a plan. Good grief, I'm starting to think like a runner!

1 comment:

Debs M-C said...

Careful, Ally. It's a slippery slope. Well done on the run.