Monday 4 August 2008

Storm in a DD cup or An Inch too far!

Since The Runner has decided that he'll probably do the 24 hour race at Perth next month, I was a good wifey yesterday and accompanied him on a training run. He has already blogged about it so I'll spare you the details. However, he didn't blog about my attempt to run round the loop at the North Inch.

I hadn't planned on running as I was feeling rubbish when I got up but it was a lovely morning and there were lots of runners running round the loop. And The Runner was trying to run at a very slow pace (which matches my normal pace!) so I decided to join him on his last loop. Big mistake.

Yes, I had my trainers with me but I was wearing thick joggers, a cotton vest top and mostly importantly a pretty pink underwired bra! I know, it's a girl thing but a good sports bra is essential for those of us, ahem, blessed with larger boobies. And I own several of them (bras that is!) but unfortunately wasn't wearing one. Let's just say it probably didn't look pretty and I still have both eyes!!

I think the following photographs sum up how we each felt at the end of our efforts.

Told you it wasn't pretty!
-
Someone looks happy!
-
I guess I'm just not a natural runner. I'd love to be but hey I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. If I'm fit enough I'll do the 10k at Inverness. If I'm not, I won't.

1 comment:

Brian Mc said...

What a dodgy pair of miscreants!
:-)